What is MyPlate?
Learn how to eat healthy with MyPlate
Remember the food pyramid? Meet MyPlate, the official symbol of the five food groups.
MyPlate is a visual reminder to make healthy choices from each of the five groups. MyPlate.gov offers tips and resources that support healthy dietary patterns. Learn how to make MyPlate work for you with the Start Simple with MyPlate mini-poster in English or Spanish.
Click on a message below to learn more about the food groups.
Make Every Bite Count
- Learn how much you need from each food group. Get a personalized MyPlate Plan that's right for you. The plan is based on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity level.
- Take a look at your current eating routine. Pick one or two ways that you can switch to choices today that are rich in nutrition.
- Create a healthy eating routine to benefit your health now and in the future.
- Think about how your food choices come together over the course of your day or week.
- Eat different types of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy and fortified soy alternatives.
- Choose options for meals, beverages, and snacks that have limited added sugars, saturated fat, and sodium.