Help your family make healthy choices together.
As the decision maker in your household, you play an important role in guiding your family to build healthy habits. Use these tips, resources and tools to help you along the way
Enjoying a meal together is a great way to connect with your family. Here are some mealtime tips to try:
- Remove distractions by turning off the TV and making a phone “parking spot” away from the table.
- Have everyone share what they did during the day. What made you laugh or what you did for fun?
- Try new foods at home. Kids need many opportunities to taste a new food to “get used to it.”
- Have adults and older kids talk about the color, feel, or flavor of foods. It’ll make them sound more appealing to younger kids that may be picky.
- On nice days, opt for a change of scenery. For example, go to a nearby park for a dinner picnic.