This chicken casserole is a simple, satisfying main dish for lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound rotini or macaroni pasta (1 package)
- 1 can chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium tomato sauce (about 15 ounces)
- 1/2 can low-sodium green peas, drained (about 8 ounces)
- 3 slices pasteurized processed American cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cook rotini or macaroni according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large oven-safe dish, mix the chicken, tomato sauce, peas, and macaroni.
- Add the 3 slices of cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Learn more about:
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations