Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 cup halved red or green grapes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided (toasted if desired)
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a skillet or saucepan.
- Add lightly salted water (or chicken broth) to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle (approx 10-15 minutes).