Chicken thighs are coated in oregano, cumin and lime juice and oven baked until tender and golden brown.
- 4 6-ounce chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 orange, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To trim the chicken, lay the chicken thighs on the cutting board, skin side up. Press down on the chicken to push out the excess fat. Use a sharp knife to cut excess fat.
- Put the chicken, oregano, cumin, lime juice, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix well. Proceed to the next step or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
- Put the contents of the bowl in the baking pan and transfer to the oven.
- Bake about 1 hour until cooked throughout and well browned.
- Serve right away.
- Orange or lemon juice can be used instead of lime juice.
- Garnish with orange slices or lime wedges.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion