Green Bean and Rice Casserole
This no-fuss side dish is a great addition to any meal and can be prepared in a flash.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 can low-sodium green beans, drained (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium diced tomatoes (about 15 ounces)
- 1 cup water
- In a medium-size pan, cook onions in vegetable oil until they start to turn light brown.
- Add the rice, green beans, tomatoes, and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
Adapted from a recipe in Healthy Diabetes Recipes and More
South Dakota Diabetes Control Program