Ham and Swiss Breakfast Casserole
This is a quick and easy ham, egg, and cheese casserole. Prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning for a hot meal for your family or guests.
- 6 ounces ham, thinly sliced, low sodium, extra lean (NOT honey-baked ham)
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 slices enriched white bread
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon "beau monde" seasoning (or alternate)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Lay 3 slices of bread in the bottom. Layer 1/2 the ham and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat layer of bread, ham and, cheese.
- Beat together remaining ingredients and pour over the casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 325 °F; serve hot.
MyPlate National Strategic Partners
The Grain Chain