Canned pumpkin tastes good and is easy to use. The blend of ingredients in this soup gives it a hint of sweetness.
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 pound beef round roast, thawed, sliced thinly
- 2 cans low-sodium pumpkin (about 30 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or 2 tablespoons brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- In a medium-size pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add beef roast to boiling water. Boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, maple syrup, and pepper to pot. If using cinnamon, add that too. Mix well.
- Lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put 2 teaspoons of onion on top of each bowl of soup. Serve hot.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods