Shrimp Confetti Salad Sandwich with Grapes
Grapes are a natural balance to this sweet and savory shrimp salad. Enjoy as a sandwich or over lettuce.
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked cocktail shrimp (thawed, peeled, and deveined)
- 1 8-oz can yellow corn kernels (no salt added, drained)
- 1 cup canned black beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon salt-free Caribbean citrus seasoning
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce or other leaf lettuce
- Chop shrimp coarsely.
- Mix together shrimp salad ingredients (everything except for the bread, tomato slices, and lettuce).
- Divide salad evenly among 4 slices of bread; spread to edges of bread.
- Top with tomato slices, lettuce, and second bread slice.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk and a red grape cluster.
Tips for selecting and storing grapes:
- Grapes are fully ripe when they arrive at the supermarket.
- Look for plump grapes with pliable green stems.
- Keep grapes unwashed and refrigerated in a plastic bag until ready for use, then rinse with cold water and serve, or add to recipes.
Produce For Better Health Foundation