Autumn Vegetable Succotash
This medley of vegetables mixes fresh and frozen vegetables for a side dish that takes a short time to prepare.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 cups red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups summer squash (yellow, diced)
- 3 cups lima beans (frozen)
- 3 cups corn kernels (frozen)
- 2 teaspoons sage, dried (or 2 Tablespoons fresh, coarsely chopped)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add onion; cook until translucent (2 minutes). Add garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, lima beans, and corn.
- Season as desired; cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender (10 minutes or longer).
- Stir in sage and serve.
More Matters Recipes
US Department of Health and Human Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)