Bananas make the perfect dessert when you add brown sugar and raisins!
- 6 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 18 teaspoons packed brown sugar (6 Tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup raisins, or other dried chopped fruit
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Arrange the split bananas in the pan.
- Top evenly with brown sugar, small pieces of margarine, raisins and pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Try adding ½ teaspoon (or more) cinnamon or a dash of cayenne to the other toppings.
- When bananas are peeled or cut, the flesh starts to brown. Browned bananas might not look attractive but they are safe to eat. Reduce browning by peeling or cutting just before using.
Learn more about bananas.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service