Baked Pork Chops
Green and red peppers top these festive pork chops.
- 6 pork chops (lean center-cut, 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Trim fat from pork chops. Place chops in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
3. Spread onion and peppers on top of chops. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Cover pan and cook 30 minutes.
5. Uncover, turn chops and re-cover with onions and peppers, and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Garnish with fresh parsley.
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Heart Healthy Home Cooking African American Style, p.21