Add some potassium and flavor to your cupcakes by making them banana cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup shortening (solid vegetable)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana (mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar using an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients (flour mixture) and bananas to creamed mixture (the egg mixture). Mix well until combined.
5. Place paper baking cups in muffin tin or lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
6. Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin and place on a rack to cool.
Learn more about bananas.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program