Bell Pepper Nachos
Try this deliciously different way to use bell peppers. Use any color of peppers and any type of beans.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped (or beans or tofu -- or try a combination)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service