Brag About It Bread Bake
You'll want to tell everyone about this bread bake that features broccoli, chicken, cheese, onion, eggs, and milk.
- 6 slices bread (cubed, approximately 6 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli (frozen, chopped and cooked)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion minced, optional (used in analysis)
- 1 cup chicken, skinless (diced, cooked)
- 3 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups milk, non-fat
- Place half the bread in a well greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Top with broccoli, cheese, onion and meat.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread in pan.
- Cover. Refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until center is firm and lightly browned.
University of Wisconsin, Cooperative Extension Service, "Bread" Fact Sheet
A Family Living Program