Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies
Bake these cookies the night before and enjoy a delicious treat on busy mornings.
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin (pureed, cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
3. Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
4. Add raisins and nuts.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Learn more about pumpkin.
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies from Food Hero, Oregon State University, Cooperative Extension Service