This dish features whole wheat pasta and fat-free Parmesan cheese.
- 4 cups broccoli, cooked
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups milk, 1% (or non-fat)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Heat milk over medium heat and then add basil and garlic powder. When hot, add Parmesan cheese.
2. Mix cornstarch with 2 or 3 Tbsp of milk and add to hot mixture. Heat until thickened.
3. Pour mixture over pasta and broccoli. Serve.
Learn more about broccoli.