Chicken Salad with Ramen Noodles
Use up a large head of cabbage from the farmers' market or grocery store with this recipe. The bell pepper and green onions bring a variety of flavors while the chicken and peanuts add protein.
- 1 package Ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 16 cups cabbage (shredded or cabbage salad mix)
- 1/4 cup scallions (minced)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red or green)
- 2 chicken breast (cooked, and chilled, cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (dry roasted, unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar (rice or white wine)
- 1 teaspoon Ramen noodle flavor packet
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse coleslaw and drain, set aside.
- Break up noodles. Set aside.
- In a small bowl make dressing with sugar, vinegar, olive oil and flavor packet. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, add peppers, scallions, unsalted peanuts and other vegetables if you like. Add cooked chicken and coleslaw.
- Pour on the dressing and combine. Sprinkle noodles on top.
- Serve cold.
Connecticut Food Policy Council, Farm Fresh Summertime Recipes