Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
If you've never made homemade granola, you might be surprised at how a few simple ingredients like oatmeal and honey turn into a tasty, satisfying, whole-grain snack!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Mix honey, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Stir in oats; mix well.
4. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir mixture well and return to oven.
6. Bake 20 more minutes and stir as before.
7. Bake 5-20 more minutes, until granola is golden brown.
8. Break into small pieces with spatula.
9. Cool and then store in a covered container.
Children under the age of one should not consume honey.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis.
Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.