Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
If you've never made homemade granola, you might be surprised at how a few simple ingredients like oatmeal and honey turn into a tasty, satisfying, whole-grain snack!
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 275 °F.
- Mix honey, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in oats; mix well.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir mixture well and return to oven.
- Bake 20 minutes more and stir as before.
- Bake 5 to 20 minutes more, until granola is golden brown.
- Break into small pieces with spatula.
- Cool and then store in a covered container.
* Children under the age of one should not consume honey.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis