Cookie Cutter Appetizers
Make these appetizers for your next get-together. If you don't have a cookie cutter, just cut the tortilla into triangles. Add your favorite veggies to the filling.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, 10"
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (recommended: broccoli, carrots, red pepper, green onion)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut out multiple shapes from 1 whole wheat tortilla using cookie cutters.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cut out tortilla shapes onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While tortillas are baking, mix low-fat cream cheese with garlic powder. Set aside.
- Wash and chop mixed vegetables.
- Once tortilla cut outs are finished baking, let cool.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each cut out shape and decorate with mixed vegetables.
Ohio State University Family Nutrition Program