Corn Salad II
This is a great way to use fresh corn when it's in season. Make it the night before your next BBQ or family gathering.
- 6 ears of corn (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- teaspoon sugar (pinch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
1. Cook corn in boiling water or in the microwave.
2. Cut corn from the cob. Add onion.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and sugar. Add oil and combine.
4. Stir the oil/lemon mixture, basil, and salt & pepper to taste (optional).
5. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
University of Maryland Cooperative Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program