Garlic Stuffed Chicken
Jazz up your chicken dinner with garlic, lemon zest, and fresh parsley. Serve this dish with brown rice and a side salad for a complete meal.
- 2 cups water
- 8 cloves garlic clove (unpeeled)
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning blend
- 4 chicken breast (4 ounce, with skin)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add garlic; cook for 10 minutes. Drain garlic, peel and cut into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, lemon zest, and seasoning. Mix well.
2. Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place about 1 teaspoon of garlic mixture under skin of each breast. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken skin-side down; cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium.
4. Cover and cook until no longer pink in center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe any fat away from the skillet.
5. Add remaining chopped parsley, broth, and lemon juice to pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Spoon mixture over chicken.