Harvest Vegetable Salad II
Make this vegetable salad ahead of time and allow the flavors to blend in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 1/2 ounce, drained)
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally (medium)
- 1 cup olives, large pitted (sliced)
- 2 green onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 dried basil (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
1. In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
2. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to coat vegetables. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate, tossing occasionally.