Herb Broiled Beef
Prepare this marinated beef the night before, and have dinner on the table in less than half an hour!
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried (or thyme)
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck shoulder steak, cut 1-inch thick
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix onion, parsley, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, and basil or thyme.
- Place meat in plastic bag and pour in marinade.
- Close bag securely, place in a bowl and marinate in refrigerator six to eight hours or overnight, turning at least once.
- Pour off marinade and discard. Place meat on rack in broiler.
- Broil 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once.
- Cut into thin slices to serve.
Eat for Health Toolkit
Recipe by Missouri Nutrition Network