Honey of a Pumpkin Bar
Enjoy the scents and flavors of autumn, all year round with this delicious baked treat!
- 1/3 cup dry milk, non-fat
- 2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange peel (grated)
- 2 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin (mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray with non-stick spray a 12 x 15 inch baking pan with sides.
2. In a small bowl, combine dry milk, flour, baking soda, and spices. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix oil, honey, juice, peel, eggs and pumpkin.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until smooth.
5. Spread batter onto prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched with your finger. Cool. Cut into squares.