Hot-Wing-Flavored Chicken with Ranch Sauce
Enjoy this spicy chicken dish with a side salad or carrot and celery sticks.
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless, all visible fat discarded (about 4 ounces each) (halved)
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (about 2 cups flakes)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, light (or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1% low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed (crumbled)
- Lávese las manos con agua y jabón.
- In a large shallow bowl, stir together the hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning occasionally if longer than 30 minutes. Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Put the cornflake crumbs on a plate. Turn the chicken to coat both sides. Transfer to the baking pan.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken with vegetable oil spray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F and the coating is crisp. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Spoon the sauce over the chicken or use as a dipping sauce.
Power to End Stroke: 46 Healthy Soul Food Recipes Cookbook
American Heart Association