Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Turn up the heat with this spicy and savory chicken dish! Packed with aromatics and spices this chicken dish is bursting with flavor! Serve with a side of rice and a fresh tossed salad.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice (ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper (crushed, dried)
- 2 teaspoons oregano (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 cup onion (pureed or finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 8 pieces of chicken, skinless (4 drumsicks, 4 breasts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasonings over chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
3. Space chicken evenly on non-stick or lightly greased baking pan.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30–40 minutes or until the meat can easily be pulled away from the bone with a fork.
US Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Heart Healthy Home Cooking: African American Style