Jiffy Oatmeal Crunch
A crunchy and sweet dessert that everyone will love -- and it can be made in minutes! This recipe makes 30 servings, and leftovers freeze well! The quick oats in this recipe add texture and fiber to this delicious dessert.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In large skillet, melt butter and brown sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread into pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool; cut into squares.
Creative Recipes for Less Familiar USDA Commodities Used by Household Programs (recipe)
USDA Food and Nutrition Service
Food Distribution Service
Cook it QUICK! (photo)
University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension