Light as a Feather Whole Wheat Pancakes
Adding more whole grains to your diet is easy with this tasty pancake recipe.
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, large
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar (1 Tablespoon, packed)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, 1%
- 1 tablespoon oil
1. Preheat griddle. In medium bowl, stir or sift dry ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, brown sugar and oil together. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; batter should be slightly lumpy.
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto sprayed or seasoned hot griddle.
4. Flip the pancake when bubbles appear on surface; turn only once.
Now Serving Whole Grains
North Dakota State University Extension Service