Macaroni Chick-Pea Soup
This savory soup is packed with tomatoes, green beans, and chickpeas. The recipe also doubles easily if leftovers are desired or if you are making it for a large group.
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, fat-free, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups macaroni (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery flakes (or onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, no-salt
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add macaroni, celery flakes, and oregano. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add stewed tomatoes, green beans, chick-peas (drained), and garlic powder. Simmer 5 minutes, or until macaroni and beans are tender.
University of Connecticut, Family Nutrition Program, Senior Nutrition Awareness Project (SNAP) Newsletters