Magic Crust Quiche
This main dish is magically delicious. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand for this fun recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups vegetables, frozen, no salt added (or use fresh or leftovers)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk, 1%
- 3/4 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook onion in oil (or cook with vegetables).
- Cook vegetables (or use leftovers). Drain well.
- Grease round pie pan or 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Spread cooked vegetables in pan. Spread cheese on top of vegetables.
- Mix milk, eggs, and baking mix. Pour over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes, until a safe internal temperature has been reached and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Suggest preparing with frozen broccoli (shown) or spinach.
Learn more about:
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education