Marinated Three-Bean Salad
Beans, celery, and onion make for a delicious marinated salad that the whole family will enjoy. Try it with our Lite Italian Dressing.
- 1/2 can cannellini (white) beans, low-sodium (8 ounce)
- 1/2 can cut green beans, low-sodium (8 ounce)
- 1/2 can red kidney beans, low-sodium (8 ounce)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing (fat-free)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain the canned beans.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the cannellini beans, green beans, kidney beans, onion, and celery.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the vegetables and toss lightly.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The salad can be left in the refrigerator over night.
- Drain before serving.
The Texas A&M University System
Texas Cooperative Extension Expanded Nutrition Program