Spices and red wine vinegar dress up the vegetables in this recipe. Enjoy as a side dish with your favorite entree.
- 1 cup cucumber (chopped, with peel)
- 1 can corn (8 3/4 ounce, drained)
- 1 can low-sodium stewed tomatoes (16 ounces)
- 1/8 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1/8 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro or coriander (dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Serve cold.
Ponichtera, Brenda RD
ScaleDown Publishing, Inc., Quick and Healthy, Vol.II, 1995, p.88