Misickquatash (Indian Succotash)
Ground beef is the surprise ingredient in this savory and spicy succotash dish.
- 1 ounce lean ground beef
- 1 cup lima beans (frozen, cooked and drained)
- 1 can corn (15 1/2 ounce, drained)
- 1 can tomatoes (14 1/2 ounce, broken up)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Brown ground beef in pan. Drain excess liquid.
2. Add remaining ingredients except nutmeg. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods