New England Johnny Cake
This Johnny Cake serves a crowd. Enjoy it with fresh or canned fruit.
- 2 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups skim or reconstituted non-fat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or spray)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix sugar with beaten eggs in small mixing bowl.
3. In the other bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt together.
4. Add oil, egg mixture and milk to the flour mixture. Mix. Pour into a lightly oiled baking dish.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Eating Right Is Basic
Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service
Nutrition Education Program