Oven Fried Fish
Oven fried fish pairs well with fresh summer vegetables or hearty root vegetables in the winter.
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- salt (optional, 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, fresh or thawed (4 fillets)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- fresh lime or lemon (sliced, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, add egg, salt (if desired), and pepper and beat together.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip fish fillets in the egg mixture, then dip in the bread crumbs to coat.
4. Melt butter in a shallow 9x13 inch baking pan for 1 minute in the oven. Tilt pan to coat with butter.
5. Arrange fish fillets in the pan.
6. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve topped with lime or lemon slices (optional).
Instead of bread crumbs, 1/2 cup crushed, unsweetened cereal or 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers can be used.
Learn more about:
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.