Perfect for your next cookout or picnic, this simple potato salad will be enjoyed by your friends and family.
- 4 potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the potatoes, and peel them.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan. Cover with water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil on medium heat.
- Let the potatoes simmer for 15 minutes until they’re soft.
- Drain the hot water, and let the potatoes cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, peel and chop some onions until you have 1 cup of chopped onions.
- Chop the celery until you have 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Put the chopped onion and celery in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and pickle relish. Stir together.
- Add the cooled potatoes. Stir again.
- Cover the bowl. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network