Quick Chicken & Vegetable Soup
A great way to use properly stored and handled leftover chicken. Using frozen veggies helps cut down prep time.
- 1 tablespoon onion (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounce, broken up)
- 1 cup potatoes (cut in pieces)
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium (14.5 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 package mixed vegetables (10 ounce frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Use only cooked chicken for this recipe.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put the tomatoes, potatoes and broth in the pot. Cook on medium heat until they boil.
- Add the onion. Turn the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pan.
- Cook for at least 5 more minutes over low heat until vegetables are tender.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network