Quick 'N Cool Summer Salad
Try this fun macaroni salad that combines vegetables, tuna, onions, cheese, and pickles with a creamy dressing. It's great for your next cookout or picnic with family and friends.
- 14 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 can green beans, low-sodium (14.5 ounce, drained, or other vegetable)
- 1 can tuna packed in water (6.5 ounces, drained and flaked)
- 1 cup cheese (diced)
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles (diced)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Add vegetables, tuna, onions, cheese, and pickles.
- Mix yogurt, salad dressing, lemon juice, salt, and seasoned pepper.
- Toss with macaroni mixture.
- Chill before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers promptly.
* Add chopped carrots if desired.
Favorite Recipes for Family Meals
Washington State University Extension