Skillet Noodles and Beef
A quick and easy weeknight entrée. If you want to give this dish an extra kick, spice with your favorite hot sauce, or red pepper flakes.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 3 cups noodles, uncooked, 1/2 inch wide
- 1 package spinach, frozen, chopped (10 ounce)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, non-fat
- 1/2 cup cheese, part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain and rinse to remove fat.
- Add onion, tomato sauce, water, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Defrost spinach in the microwave. Stir spinach into skillet mixture. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture. Spoon cottage cheese on top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if mixture gets too dry.
University of New Hampshire, Cooperative Extension