South of the Border Salad
Make this corn, black bean, and tomato salad in the morning and let it marinate in the refrigerator all day and enjoy it for dinner.
- 3 cups corn, low sodium (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans black beans (15.5 ounces each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ground cumin (1 teaspoon, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2009 Recipe Calendar
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program