South of the Border Salad
Make this corn, black bean, and tomato salad in the morning and let it marinate in the refrigerator all day and enjoy it for dinner.
- 3 cups corn (2-15.2 ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans black beans (15.5 ounces each, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ground cumin (optional)
1. Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Pour dressing over corn mixture and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Learn more about:
2009 Recipe Calendar
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program