Sweet Acorn Squash
Squash baked in the oven and then seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg give this dish a taste of fall.
- 2 acorn squashes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put each squash in the microwave. Heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high. This will soften the squash, and make it easier to cut.
- Cut each squash in half. Remove the seeds and loosen fibers in the middle.
- Place the squash on an ungreased baking pan. The cut side of the squash should be face-up, and the uncut part of the squash should touch the pan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of juice into each half of the squash. Spread it evenly on the inside of each squash.
- Bake at 400 °F for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Season with cinnamon and nutmeg, and serve.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network