Crisp tortillas, refried beans and layers of fresh veggies make this a tasty and healthy vegetarian option.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans (fat-free)
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
1. Wash hands and cooking area.
2. Turn on oven to 350°F.
3. Place tortillas on a cookie sheet and put in oven for 10 minutes or until crispy.
4. Wash and cut your lettuce and tomatoes.
5. Spread two large tablespoons of refried beans on each tortilla.
6. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and grated cheese.
7. Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
The Texas A&M University System
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program