This simple and fun snack is created using only fresh apples and canned oranges.
- 1 apple (small or medium)
- 10 slices of mandarin oranges, drained
1. Wash hands; get out ingredients and utensils.
2. Wash apple. Cut in half (see notes).
3. Place apple half in center of small plate.
4. Put mandarin oranges next to apple for arms, legs, and head.
5. Enjoy your Turtle Apple.
Adults: Make sure you use sharp knife to cut apple in half, remove core and discard. Using can opener, open mandarin oranges and discard sharp edged lid.
Learn more about
Chickasaw Nation Get Fresh! Nutrition Education Program.