Vegetable and Turkey Stir Fry
Cooked turkey combined with your favorite frozen veggies means you can throw this stir fry together quickly for a healthy weekday dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 thin slices of ginger root (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 16 ounces turkey (cooked, cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 packages vegetables, fresh or frozen (10 ounce package, chopped)
- water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
1. Heat fry pan. Add oil and heat on high temperature.
2. Add ginger, garlic, turkey and vegetables. Stir fry about 1 minute to coat with oil.
3. Adjust heat to prevent scorching. Add sugar. If vegetables are tender, stop cooking at this time.
4. If the vegetables are firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Serve at once, or if you wish to add a gravy:
6. Mix the gravy ingredients well, pour over vegetables and turkey, cook for 30 seconds.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Vegetables and Turkey Stir Fry, Food Hero, Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service.