Veggie Bean Wrap
These delicious wraps are packed full of flavor and fiber. Mango, cilantro and avocado add a fresh topping to these wraps.
- 2 green or red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 can black beans, 50% less salt (15 ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 2 mango (chopped)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 avocado (peeled and diced)
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a nonstick pan, sauté bell peppers and onion for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add beans, stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mangos, lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Reserve 1/2 mixture for topping.
- Fill warmed tortillas with 1/4 bean mixture and 1/4 mango mixture.
- Fold ends of the tortillas over. Roll up to make wraps. Top veggie bean wraps with remaining mango mixture.
Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love California Department of Health Services