This tasty zucchini bread can be eaten as a dessert or snack. Serve warm or cooled.
- 3 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla and beat.
- In a separate bowl, measure dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. It should come out dry.
- Allow loaf to cool 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or allow to cool before slicing.
Learn more about zucchini.
Washington State University Extension, Favorite Recipes for Family Meals