Zucchini Stir Fry
Enjoy your zucchini bumper crop or farmer's market bounty with this quick and easy vegetable side dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini (medium)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Peel the onion. Cut it into thin slices.
- Slice the yellow squash into thin round pieces.
- Slice the zucchini into thin round pieces.
- Chop the red pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or stir-fry pan. Add the onion slices.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring quickly for 1 minute.
- Add the spices and stir a few times.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network