Your MyPlate Plan: 1600 Calories, Age 14+ Years
Below are the daily recommended amounts for each food group.
Click on the food group buttons to learn more and get started.
Download your MyPlate Plan.
Talk with your health care provider about an eating pattern and physical activity program that is right for you.
1 cup from the Fruit Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw, frozen, or cooked/canned fruit; or
- ½ cup dried fruit; or
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice
1 cup from the Vegetable Group counts as:
- 1 cup raw or cooked/canned vegetables; or
- 2 cups leafy salad greens; or
- 1 cup 100% vegetable juice
1 ounce from the Grains Group counts as:
- 1 slice bread; or
- 1 ounce ready-to-eat cereal; or
- ½ cup cooked rice, pasta, or cereal
1 ounce from the Protein Foods Group counts as:
- 1 ounce seafood, lean meat, or poultry; or
- 1 egg; or
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter; or
- ¼ cup cooked beans, peas, or lentils; or