Communicators and Educators
Whether you communicate with the public or professionals, or teach students or other educators, MyPlate offers a framework for communicating food and nutrition messages based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2020-2025.
MyPlate is for Everyone
Healthy eating is important at every stage of life. MyPlate offers a framework for the messages you communicate about the importance of foods and beverages rich in nutrients to help make every bite count.
The simplicity of MyPlate makes it a versatile and flexible tool for any audience. Created to be used in various settings and adaptable to meet personal preferences, cultural foodways, traditions and budget needs, MyPlate is used by professionals across sectors to help people learn how to build their own healthy eating routine.
MiPlato en español: There are many MyPlate materials available in Spanish — the MyPlate Quiz, the MyPlate Plan, tip sheets and printable resources, graphics, and more than 1,000 recipes in the MyPlate Kitchen.
The MyPlate website is filled with tools, tips, and resources for you to help your audiences Start Simple with MyPlate to create a healthier eating routine.
Helping Kids to Start Simple
Food can be a universal language for sharing and learning in and out of the classroom. MyPlate resources and tools are designed to be used alone or in lesson plan modules, as teaching aids, or at home. Help kids and teens to build a foundation for healthy eating at every stage of life by starting simple with MyPlate.
- Explore each of the food groups -- Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein Foods, and Dairy - with photos of portion sizes and discuss how foods from different cultures fit into MyPlate.
- Enhance your lesson plans with free, printable resources and activity sheets on the Kids page, including kid friendly MyPlate messages and a printable certificate for becoming a MyPlate Champion.
- Consider adding MyPlate messaging and graphics to your classroom calendar or bulletin board.
- For older students, encourage them to take the MyPlate Quiz or download the free Start Simple with MyPlate app for extra credit. Get the most out of the app with its Scavenger Hunt Worksheet, Student Lesson Plan, and Community Lesson Plan.
More Ways to Talk About MyPlate
- MyPlate National Strategic Partners work individually and together to create materials and initiatives targeted toward specific food groups and various demographics.
- MyPlate Federal Partners work collaboratively with MyPlate.
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) teaches their participants about good nutrition and how to make their food dollars stretch further.
- Team Nutrition offers training and technical assistance, nutrition education, and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
- The Child and Adult Care Food Program provides meal and snack reimbursements for nutritious meals and snacks in participating settings.
- Partner with us and become a MyPlate Ambassador nationally or in your state or community.
- Add the hashtags #StartSimplewithMyPlate, #MyPlate or #DietaryGuidelines to your social media communications.